Monday, September 15, 2008

Pushing Stuff

Thanks to Nicole who included me in her list of nominations for Brilliante blog award. (Sorry it took me so long to get around to posting about it!) Apparently the rules are as follows:

1. Post the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who gave you the award.
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers who you think deserve it.
4. Add links to their blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on your nominees blogs.

So, having just done #'s 1 & 2, #3 is the list and links.

1. Fine Martial Fiber
2. Black Belt Mama
3. Martial Arts Mom
4. Benes_Hacha (who really needs to update more)
5. Atheist in a Minivan
6. Fugly Horse of the Day
7. Cakewrecks

So now that I've pushed my favorite blogs at you, I can go on to pushing other stuff. My hand has healed up beautifully. Rob's care in how he dug out the glass really paid off, as despite the depth of the damage, everything sealed back together. By now it looks like I minorly skinned my hand. I tried doing pushups for the first time on Thursday, and was fine except for a little deep aching in the heel of the hand for a few minutes afterwards.

So I'm going to restart the 100 Pushups tomorrow. I'll be starting in the low category, as 1) I want to work up slowly. 2) I've lost some ground from even my far from impressive starting position. So my testing number of pushups will officially be 5. They are, however, nice proper form pushups, rather than the slightly shallower version I use at higher numbers to avoid elbow aggravation. I'll post progress as I go.

I promise to check where my hands are landing first!

4 comments:

Blackbeltmama said...

Thanks so much! I'm glad your hand is healing up nicely. I think I'd be using that excuse forever when it comes to push-ups. Then again, I don't really need an excuse to not do push-ups. ;-)

Becky G said...

Thanks for the award!

I'm glad your hand is better. As I suspected, I'm not that far ahead of you. I'm just starting week 2, but I'm going to be repeating each day until I get them done nice and deep.

Perpetual Beginner said...

You're both very welcome!

I'm with you, Becky. I'll be progressing through the workouts at whatever pace my body seems to demand, not the listed schedule.

Slop -n- Goulash: Dinner of Champions! said...

Yes thank you for the award. Now I need to earn it!