Friday, March 26, 2010

Where We Stand

First off, thanks to everyone for the well wishes and support. They are all much appreciated. I'm down at my parents' house right now, but will be heading back home tomorrow.

In good news, Mom is recovering well from her mastectomy. She should be able to get the drain out in a couple of days, which I'm sure will be a relief. Also, Dad W. likes the aide we found to help him while I was gone (I like her too). She's an older woman, but very bubbly and active (and likes dogs - a must around our place). Having her available should give me significantly msore flexibility for when responsabilities conflict.

The bad news is that several of Mom's sentinel nodes (5 of 11) showed positive, so there's chemo and radiation in her future. The exact plan hasn't been decided upon yet (we're awaiting a call from the oncologist), but regardless, it's not the news we were hoping for.

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family, Cindy. 5 nodes isn't too bad and I'm glad she is recovering well. She is fortunate to have you there - as is your FIL...

Sending hugs! If your mom ever needs someone to touch base with regarding treatment, please just let me know...

Hugs,

Felicia

Felicia said...

I hope that didn't come off as too flippant or Polyanna! Please tell your mom that I am thinking of her (although she doesn't know me from a can of paint, LOL)...

Nicola Avery said...

Hi Cindy, sorry that the news wasn't better than expected and very warm wishes to you and your family, with following and managing with all the treatments.

Take care,
Nicola