Saturday, January 03, 2009

'til Friday

A and her husband arrived yesterday. I was somewhat hopeful that having her here would mean a less break-neck pace than when I visit her, but unless the first 24 hours was a quirk, no such luck. Don't expect to hear much from me until they leave on Friday - and possibly for a couple days after that, since hanging out with A is usually followed by a couple of days of falling over.

A is being really good about the state of the house (pretty good by my standards, cruddy by hers). Her husband, on the other hand, has named it "Cindy's Chemical Spill" on the GPS, and made some (mostly) good natured comments about people who don't know where everything they own is. Though if he makes any comments about it going downhill over the next few days (as they keep me running around 16 hours out of every 24), he's going to have to duck.

3 comments:

Becky G said...

Some people just don't know what's important! There's more to life than a sterile environment. Besides that, if you keep your house too clean, it weakens your immune system.

I hope you have a good visit. I haven't mentioned it yet, but I did miss y'all coming down here this year!

Nicole Maki said...

Enjoy your visit.

We used to have a clean house and then we got a dog. Ick. But he's so worth it I hardly mind anymore.

Now we're an organized house with dog hair.

wh44 said...

Hey Sis! It's a bit past Friday! :p